Listed below are brief summaries of some of Kingsley's most commonly referenced ordinances. (A link to an index of ordinances can be found at the bottom of this page; the index provides access to the full text of all of Kingsley's active ordinances.)
- City Government: City officials do not participate in any primary election. The Commissioners’ terms are 2 years; the Mayor's term is 4 years. The current Commissioners’ terms will expire on December 31, 2018; the Mayor’s term will expire on December 31, 2018.
- Fire Lanes: Parking on all streets is restricted to one side of the street to allow easier access for emergency vehicles. These fire lanes were established for the protection of persons and property.
- Parking: No person shall park any automobile or other four wheeled vehicle in a front yard or easement within the city limits, other than on an actual legal and paved driveway. (We ask that you not park your vehicles across the sidewalk portion of your driveway as a courtesy to those who enjoy walking.)
- Trees: A Tree Removal Permit must be requested before removing any tree. To protect the sidewalks and drainage, a bond of $200.00 must accompany the permit. All debris including the stump must be removed. Trees removed from front yards/easements must be replaced within 6 months.
- Sidewalks: Residents are required to keep their sidewalks in good repair and free of debris.
- General Construction: A property owner intending to construct any modification or improvement to their existing property, including a driveway or a deck, must file the necessary permits and make a $300.00 deposit with the City.
Included in these ordinances are provisions for their enforcement and for the collection of penalties. If you have a question about an ordinance, please contact the Mayor, City Clerk or one of the City Commissioners.
Please use the following link for access to the full text of active ordinances:
City of Kingsley
Jefferson County, Kentucky