By authority pursuant to statute, the City of Kingsley annually enacts an ordinance that authorizes collection of an Ad Valorem tax on personal property (real estate) for the purpose of funding its general operation.
As of this writing, the Ad Valorem tax rate is $.33 per one hundred dollars ($100) valuation of property assessed for taxation. Payment is per the following schedule:
- Discount of 4% if paid on or before July 31st
- Net bill if paid during August
Tax Delinquency Policy
- 10% penalty if paid during September
- 12% penalty if paid during October
- 12% penalty plus 1% interest per month if paid after October 31st
- Penalities are cummulative
- If taxes and penalties remain unpaid for six months after the due date for the net tax bill, a lien will be filed against the property and legal action for collection shall be initiated. If legal action for collection is taken, the delinquent taxpayer shall be responsible for all legal costs and attorney fees
Payments should be made to: City of Kingsley, P.O. Box 5515, Louisville, KY 40255-0515
Please insure that your property taxes are paid on time. The City expects and depends on prompt payment of taxes to maintain the economic health of our community.
City of Kingsley
Jefferson County, Kentucky